Whether you want to maintain good physical health or become athletic, here are some resources for keeping your body fit.
Join the discussion on the RenoVegans Facebook Fitness Group.
get his protein?
From Plants21 Vegan Athletes
Click for larger
Over the course of the next 30 days, I'll dispel the most commonly held myths concerning plant-based nutrition. And in doing so, I'll provide sound information that can be simply applied to enhance any lifestyle. These tried and tested techniques will enable you to lay the foundation of optimal health, on which all types of breakthrough performance can be built."
Brendan Brazier — Professional Ironman triathlete, formulator of Vega, and bestselling author of The Thrive Diet (Penguin, 2007) and Thrive Fitness (Penguin, 2009)
When you join "Thrive in 30" for free you'll learn:
- How to combat stress using whole, plant-based foods and high net-gain nutrition
- The whole food truth about protein, fats and carbs—and how balancing your diet will help you build a younger body
- How you can alkalize your body's pH to combat disease, improve sleep and lose weight
- What superfoods to use to balance hormones, detoxify body or lower cholesterol
- How to identify common foods that cause unexplained, mystery illnesses
- How to use nutrition to strategically fuel your body so you'll have greater endurance, maximize the return from your workouts and recover faster
- Why nutrition, exercise and sleep are the secret to empowered mental health
- Long-term strategies that will help you transform your health for life
- You can apply what you'll learn in Thrive in 30 about the power of plant-based, whole foods to improve your whole body health whether you're a vegetarian, a vegan or an omnivore.
On the heels of his acclaimed vegan nutrition guide, "Thrive," professional Ironman triathlete Brendan Brazier presents his own easy-to-apply system for total health and fitness, complete with detailed exercises and photos. Thrive Fitness explains how to gain maximum results in minimal time. Whether you?re a time-crunched beginner or an experienced athlete, Thrive Fitness will help you sculpt strong, lean muscles; enhance the quality of your sleep; reduce body fat; minimize your risk of disease; increase energy; sharpen mental clarity; cut sugar cravings; and prevent sports injuries.What Happens to Our Brains During Exercise (and Why it Makes Us Happier)
Most of us are aware of what happens to the body when we exercise. We build more muscle or more stamina. We feel how daily activities like climbing stairs becomes easier if we exercise regularly. When it comes to our brain and mood though, the connection isn't so clear.
Leo Widrich, co-founder of social media sharing app Buffer, set out to uncover the connection between feeling happy and exercising regularly. From Buffer Blog.
Visit the No Meat Athlete store.Big Bald Mike From Mercy for AnimalsStrong athletes looking to outperform their competition and improve their health may want to take a cue from vegan arm wrestler Big Bald Mike. After going vegan to help prevent cruelty to farmed animals in 2010, Mike has been training hard and competing in arm wrestling competitions around the country. We caught up with Mike to learn more about his arm wrestling, and how one of the biggest and strongest guys in the world became vegan.
Vegan Fitness is a lot like fitness for non-vegans. That's just the point: Eating meat and other animal proteins is not necessary to building up muscle and achieving a high level of fitness and energy. Not convinced? There are dozens of famous vegan athletes to prove it.
You need to consider and incorporate a balance of cardio-vascular, strength, and flexibility exercises, in addition to a healthy plant-based diet (i.e. Engine 2), to achieve fitness and health. Having a varied exercise routine (many experts recommend ?changing it up? every 2-3 months) is very important to maintain motivation, while consistency and structure is important to achieving results. More…